Sunday, February 21, 2010

Woman's Last Stand

You may remember the emasculated man Dodge ad ("Man's Last Stand") that debuted during the SuperBowl:


Much talk in the round up of Super Bowl ads focused on the many emasculated men spots, and a handful of NYC creatives took it a step further, and created the female version:


AdAge interviewed one of the makers of Woman's Last Stand. When asked about her script writing approach filmmaker MacKenzie Fegan responded:
"I started by just throwing together a bunch of "I will" statements, and in the beginning most of them were on the weighty side. I started adding in some of the lighter, funnyish lines since I knew that otherwise I'd be written off as a humorless feminist, which is almost as unappealing to the YouTube crowd as a video without cats."

No comments: